the shortbus

we all rode the shortbus to school; this is why.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

moon

moon-
you look down at me
with your big eyes
as i sit cross legged
here on the ground
with several stciks
and a book of matches
trying desperately
to get this fire started
with only this wet wood
from this afternoon's downpour.
it left me wet,
the downpour,
and now i am quickly growing cold
in my wet clothes
and have nothing to warm me
except the potential of this fire,
and perhaps you,
though as i struggle with this wood
and my ever dwindling number of matches,
i forget that you are there,
and notice only that the wood
and matches remain visible
because you look down at me
with your giant eyes.

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2005 at 10:06 PM, Blogger Bebe said...

why if it isn't mr derek (aka derelique). c'est brandy, remembered from such films as semester in avignon. i linked here from your away message. i always knew that you were a writer but i never knew you were so good. i really enjoy your poems and their casual style. hope you don't mind if i drop in and take a read sometimes. anyway, i hope life is treating you well. i send you big kisses. xxxoo brandy

(PS I changed my name to Brandy Blue, legally and all that jazz)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home