the shortbus

we all rode the shortbus to school; this is why.

Friday, September 24, 2004

sonnet #2

i made my class write sonnets. i told them id bring mine. collaborative efforts if i remember correctly. done under the spiff s. mann pseudonym.

Why can’t you smile, asked love, in dark of night?
Why can’t you smile, you have nothing to fear?
I love you more with each new splendid sight,
I know I love my precious sweet, so dear.
I love to hold you close in warm embrace,
And listen to the words you softly speak.
How I caress your smooth delicate face,
And slow I brush your eager lips so sleek.
I hear your words as you capture my thoughts,
And lock them away, forever to keep.
To what, a woman’s care, like yours, I sought,
In saddened worlds of silent tears to weep.
I wish to hold you close, in the night air;
Eyes in gaze of gaze of sweet lover’s stare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home