the shortbus

we all rode the shortbus to school; this is why.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

faces in the dark

we stayed awake one night,
and sat in the dark
occasionally talking.
i made faces that you couldnt see,
and imagined you doing the same.
i smiled every time i did it,
and every time you talked to me,
and every time you reached out
and touched my arm.
i wanted to feel that grip
forever,
even though i knew it couldnt last.
and i wanted to feel those eyes,
reaching out for me
across the darkness,
looking for the person
i couldnt be in the light.
i felt more myself in the darkness.
and i hope you felt more of me too.

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 at 6:31 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

Katie, I just got your blog comment. Still trying to figure out how to work everything. I need to get your email address so we can chat. I definitely would be up for coming to Germany, and if you ever want to come to London, you can stay with me and we can go out or something. Let me know! My email is alissarv@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home